- to acquire education in the study program specified in the study agreement, which conforms to the scope and quality standards defined by the Vilnius University Study Regulations, Vilnius University Statute and laws of the Republic of Lithuania;
- to study other study programs as well as study programs according to individual study plans in accordance with the procedure established by the Vilnius University Study Regulations; participate in academic exchanges; terminate and resume to studies; change the study branch, program, form and schedule according to the established procedure;
- to use the methodological and scientific literature, material and information resources necessary for the implementation of the study program at the University; University premises for studies, cultural life, health care and recreation, libraries, scientific equipment, cultural, sports and recreational facilities;
- to exercise the academic freedom of thought and expression to express their thoughts and beliefs on all scientific, social and cultural issues insofar as they do not contradict with the laws of the Republic of Lithuania and the normative acts of the University;
- to obtain information related to their studies, to evaluate study programs, study process and the teaching methods of professors;
- to appeal the study assessments and the decisions of the University administration to the respective dispute settlement commissions in accordance with the procedure established in these Regulations and to receive an answer within the deadlines provided in the Vilnius University Study Regulations;
- to join the Students’ Representation and join other student organizations, to be elected to their governing bodies; to participate in the activities of other public, cultural and political organizations that do not contradict with the laws of the Republic of Lithuania and the Statute of Vilnius University;
- to participate in autonomic management of the University and its academic core units.
- to fulfill the requirements of the chosen study program and study agreement;
- to follow Vilnius University Study Regulations, University Statute and other legal acts regulating studies and internal mechanisms of the University and laws of the Republic of Lithuania;
- to implement the decisions of the University and the academic core departments;
- to settle accounts with the library and other departments of the University and the Student Representation before graduation;
- adhere to general moral and academic ethics norms.